Deadline: March 22, 2019.
Notifications will be sent the week of April 7, 2019.
CADE 2019 will be held at the Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego Wednesday, June 5th – Friday June 7th.
The 2019 Conference on Acceleration in Developmental Education is approaching. This year, as always, we are eager to see engaging proposals for 60-minute Breakout Sessions grounded in current research in the field of acceleration in developmental math, writing, integrated reading/writing, and ESOL. We welcome proposals from schools that have been engaged in this work for years, as well as schools new to acceleration. We are looking for data-rich proposals, proposals that focus on pedagogy, and proposals that are culturally relevant.
We are particularly interested in proposals that address the following topics in fresh, engaging, and forward looking ways:
- AB 705 Implementation: Successes and Strategies
- Placement Reform, including Multiple Measures and Directed Self-Placement
- Culturally Responsive Assessment Practices and Pedagogy
- Contextualization in English/Reading
- Contextualized Pathways to Credit Mathematics
- Online Instruction
- Dual Enrollment and Acceleration
- Instructional strategies and systemic changes aimed at addressing non-cognitive challenges
We will give priority to dynamic and thought-provoking presentations that actively involve participants. Examples may include successful units or lesson plans, strategies for teaching adult learners, and ways to address non-cognitive issues.
Proposals (250 words), Abstract (50 words)